How to Properly Increase Website Rankings?
How to improve rankings is probably one of the most common questions in the online marketing world. Most people who start in online marketing believe that setting up a website is the first step of becoming a successful marketer. But, that is very far from the truth. While creating a website is definitely a very important step, the most important part to becoming an effective as an online marketer is to get people to look at your website, to get a targeted audience, who is interested in what you have to offer to visit your website, and thus increasing your website ranking.
Here are a few tips you have to consider if you want to increase website ranking.
• Choose the right market. If you want your business website to get high website ranking you need to get into the right market. Like for example if you get into the “Different Types of Luxury Cars” market and you write about fashion, you may not get near as many visitors as if you were in the “Automotive” market.
• Get your on-page factors right. If you want search engines like Google to inform that your website is relevant to a certain topic, you need to make sure that your keyword or key phrase is well optimize. For instance, if your website is about bags, your URL, the title, the description, and the header, ALL need to have the word “bags” in it.
• Work on off-page factors. There are various off-page factors, but in truth you can really help one of them, and that is the back links to your site. Back links to your site are references to your site from other places in the web. For example, let say that you wrote something about Cute Bags and Annie found your article because she was looking for Cute Bags. Since she was so fascinated with your content, she decided to bookmark it using Twitter. So now your website has one backlink. The more backlinks you get, the higher your website ranking will be and the quicker you will boost website traffic.
• Make your content relevant. If you are telling Google that your web business is about balloons by configuring your on-page factors properly, and you write or post about computer software, the possibility of you getting a high rank on to that page is very slim. Write about something that is going to be informative and useful to your target audience.
• Add unique, fresh and new content regularly. If your business website hasn’t been updated in 3 years, yet your competitors’ websites get updated daily, chances are they will be raking more quality traffic. They are the one who will achieve high website rankings not you. Remember, Google LOVES fresh, new, original content.