How to improve rankings is probably one of the most common questions in the online marketing world. Most people who start in online marketing believe that setting up a website is the first step of becoming a successful marketer. But, that is very far from the truth. While creating a website is definitely a very important step, the most important part to becoming an effective as an online marketer is to get people to look at your website, to get a targeted audience, who is interested in what you have to offer to visit your website, and thus increasing your website ranking.
Here are a few tips you have to consider if you want to increase website ranking.
• Choose the right market. If you want your business website to get high website ranking you need to get into the right market. Like for example if you get into the “Different Types of Luxury Cars” market and you write about fashion, you may not get near as many visitors as if you were in the “Automotive” market.
• Get your on-page factors right. If you want search engines like Google to inform that your website is relevant to a certain topic, you need to make sure that your keyword or key phrase is well optimize. For instance, if your website is about bags, your URL, the title, the description, and the header, ALL need to have the word “bags” in it.
• Work on off-page factors. There are various off-page factors, but in truth you can really help one of them, and that is the back links to your site. Back links to your site are references to your site from other places in the web. For example, let say that you wrote something about Cute Bags and Annie found your article because she was looking for Cute Bags. Since she was so fascinated with your content, she decided to bookmark it using Twitter. So now your website has one backlink. The more backlinks you get, the higher your website ranking will be and the quicker you will boost website traffic.
• Make your content relevant. If you are telling Google that your web business is about balloons by configuring your on-page factors properly, and you write or post about computer software, the possibility of you getting a high rank on to that page is very slim. Write about something that is going to be informative and useful to your target audience.
• Add unique, fresh and new content regularly. If your business website hasn’t been updated in 3 years, yet your competitors’ websites get updated daily, chances are they will be raking more quality traffic. They are the one who will achieve high website rankings not you. Remember, Google LOVES fresh, new, original content.
With the recent system updates of Google Penguin, Panda and Hummingbird, SEO id more complex than ever before. With penalties even with the most popular websites in the world, and the constant fall in the prominence of PageRank, outdated methods of SEO have always come under the scanner. While many techniques and approaches have gone outdated already, others are dreaded because of their possible negative result. Link building is one such technique that is under strict surveillance of the Penguin. But, this should be seen as good opportunity and not a threat. This is because it is still one of the more important and effective way to rank your website higher. If executed properly, it can be an excellent way to achieve competitive edge over the other websites in your niche market. The following are the few things webmasters and SEO experts need to know so that they can do better in increasing their website ranking and establishing online reputation.
Don’t Ignore Link Building
Some webmasters think that building back links can provoke the Penguin to penalize a website and so it can and should be replaced altogether by other methods. Wrong. As said by a latest study, link building is still the most effective way to rank higher in major search engine especially Google. Matt Cutts, Google’s head of search spam stated that “Links are still the best way that we’ve found to discover (how relevant or important somebody is) and maybe, over time, social or authorship or other types of markup will give us a lot more information about that.”
Avoid Link Schemes
It is important to know the difference link building and link schemes so that you can avoid any further problems. With Google busting on link scheme after the other, it is crucial to know what you need to completely shun. The following are the checklist of all the things that back to link scheme, not link building:
Buying or selling links
Linking only for the reason of give-and-take
Using services that build link automatically to your page
Building a link network just to create links
Spending on articles that create links
Writing press releases with optimized targeted keywords
Links that make no sense in the article
Linking to irrelevant and unrelated websites
Focus on Relevance, Quality and Social Media
Building quality and relevant links and getting relevance through right link building and authority is the most effective way to be on the first page of Google and other search engines. Focus on interesting and quality content marketing and social media popularity.
There are a number of new algorithms and changes in the older ones. Various services have been implemented and many old services will terminated with time but the good old traditional SEO methods will always remain evergreen.
For the small business owners and web marketers, it is important to look for the best online marketing methods in 2014 for the sake of being ahead of the competitors in the market. We are living in the world, which is powered by the internet and it is strongly suggested to keep up with the information technology. The business world is not untouched with this technology as the small business owners keep searching the best online marketing technique to attract customer’s attention through online resources. The online platform don’t go around a single medium, thus they have to keep abreast with the latest online marketing methods.
Here are the best online marketing techniques that need to be followed in 2014 in order to get positive results:
• Content marketing takes a big shape
In the recent years, we have seen that companies have achieved success with the help of informative and relevant information about their company, work, team and etc. They don’t depend just on the web content as they also share content on social media, publish articles, provide case studies, post videos and blogs to attract the customers. Today, the content becomes bigger as compares to the past years.
• Marketing through social media is diversified
Every business knows the value of social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google and LinkedIn. Aside from these websites, other social channels such as Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and Livejournal are growing their wings in terms of online marketing.
• Making right use of the mobile technology
It is one of the best methods for online marketing. You need to use the personalized web design and a website theme, which can be optimized when the page user access it through their smartphone devices. The reason behind it is that most of the people browse the web through their mobiles. That’s why they want their website to have user-friendly navigation and appearance on their mobile device.
• Use of different content avenues
If you really want to go along with a marketing strategy, which really impresses your customers, then you must use different ways of the content. Make sure that you use the combination of graphics, video, text, audio, social media, data and image-centric content. And, make your content informative and catchy instead of keeping it dull and basic, but too much stuff must be avoided as it may complicate the customers.
These were the best online marketing techniques that are being employed by the business people and are likely to remain in the years to come. With these points, it becomes clearer that new and quality content and social media channels will be the most effective tool for achieving better users’ engagement. Therefore, adopt these improving marketing trends to own a successful business.
Undoubtedly, one of the most difficult online markets to master if you a service provider is the Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. The information and system algorithms are allays changing and making the whole way you rank for search engine places completely different. The techniques and tools you use, the incoming trends and the little corner cutting methods to boost your SEO rank is all something that SEO professional has to learn
If you either provide SEO, or contemplating about offering SEO, or need some SEO work for your business website, then you have to determine what the expected SEO trends are with regards to SEO which help you grow and expand your business, whether that is by getting the quality traffic or by improving service quality to a completely new level.
The following are the SEO marketing trends in 2014 that you must consider in order to grow your business:
It is important now, since the change in algorithms over the last few years, to have quality and interesting content. Previously, poor content with no real flow or explanation could pass good backlinks if it was full of keywords and links. Now, this isn’t the case. You are projected to give your users quality, unique content which can give them useful information while building appropriate inbound links in moderation.
ROI and Backlinks
When building quality backlinks across the web, there is more to it than pinning your name across the whole web. Linking a fashion website on a wrestling forum is going to do you very little favor in term of ROI. Solid, high quality backlinks also offer you with better website rankings on major search engines, Alexa and similar websites.
Page rankings are very important part of the website business. Small business owners and web marketers are extremely mindful of their PageRank. A pagerank is a rating given to your website concerning its quality and how useful and relevant the information on the website is. In 2013, this is changing to an ‘Author Rank’ and an ‘Agent Rank’. This means that your website will be bases on the quality of the whole page, and this decides on the overall ranking of your business website. This means that when hiring high quality writers, you need to make sure that you are talking with quality, dedicated and experienced writers to assure your content is well-optimized and interesting.
SEO is more important than ever to the website’s health and their activity. With a strong online presence, you can establish a powerful and reliable part of your web business which brings in more targeted clients on auto-pilot and can build an extremely valuable part of your business that you hardly even have to work with.
There are changes that you can make in your web business to allow it grow and expand for years to come.
1. You need to make a change from interrupt marketing. This is where we interrupt a prospect and push an offer in front of them. With all the interruptions you get today ranging from smartphone, social media, computers, televisions, instant message and the list goes on, it is hard to focus when someone pushes a business offer in front of us. No too long ago when someone called us it was almost a break to speak to someone about an offer but today it is just too disturbing. I think that if we change from this form of marketing we will see clear changes. So what do we do instead?
2. We get back to establishing solid business relationships. It sounds so easy but where do you do this and what about if you like to work from your office or your home without venturing off into the city? Well here is the answer it is called putting yourself in front of your targeted audience so they can see and notice you. One technique is by using social media. There are lots of social networking sites that can be employed for connecting and creating relationships. You must make connection then establish a little credibility and if done right people will asking you what you do and that is where you can present your products or services. Another way is search marketing. This is where you get notice on the search engines and is usually referred to as SEO. When people and targeted audience search for a business, product or service they often go straight to the computer and search in what they are looking for. If your business appears on the first page of search engines chances are you will start to receive calls from them.
3. Now this step is very crucial because it is the missing link that will get people trusting you when you connect with them on social media and they see you with search engine marketing. This would be to make yourself an authority source. Create an article like this one, create a blog, video or whatever else you can do to build trust and get people to feel comfortable with you. When most people discover about social media and search marketing they seem to ignore the most important part and that is assuring you are very visible and people can learn about you. It is hilarious how we are in society because without number 3 we see these people on our social media posting message after message saying buy now, buy now and please buy now. By skipping on number 3 we find ourselves going right back to interrupt marketing.